Friday, January 2, 2009

6 miles in the bank

I started the new year off right – with a 6 mile run with Sara! Goooo me. I haven’t run much at all lately, and honestly didn’t think I could manage 6 miles. But the stars aligned. Nice sunny cold day, clear roads, and enough sleep and I made it through without much discomfort. I was certainly feeling the lower belly heaviness that makes it uncomfortable to run, but it got better about 2 miles in. We kept an easy pace and didn’t push it. I felt pretty good the 3 we ran out to the Polo Fields (started at south Chagrin Miles parking lot) but was worried I would run out of energy and have a hard time getting back. But I felt pretty good the entire time. One potty break at the polo fields and one short walk break for a cramp, and that was it.

When I got home hubby was in a freak thorough house cleaning mood, so I left him alone as he sorted cabinets and dusted things that haven’t been dusted in years. I decided that I wanted to get moving on some of the home renovations, so I taped and painted the baseboards in our office, that will soon be our guest room. I know, I know, I shouldn’t be painting. But if you google it, most agree that you can paint with latex paint in a venilated room. I was just doing the baseboards and it didn’t smell too strong. I decided to wait a day to do the second coat so the smell would die down. I probably won’t mess with painting the walls and ceiling, but I figured I could do a little bit to help. Unfortunately after the long run and the crouching to tape/paint, I was left with a horrible back ache and crawled into bed at 7 not to get out for the rest of the evening.

Today I will finish the painting and maybe do a little exercise, the paining might just have to be it as I am still pretty achy.

5 comments:

jessica said...

if you haven't bought all of your paint yet, we've been happy with the zero-VOC stuff from Benjamin Moore and the Olympic paint from Lowes -- used Olympic for the plain white, but their color choices sucked so we also had to splurge on the BM (teehee).

way to go on the 6 miles!

Clare said...

yay for 6! i'm sure the painting is fine...

N.D. said...

Great job on the 6 miles!! It is so nice running with someone. Sounds like you guys are super efficient getting all this stuff done!

Chelsea said...

I painted the bathroom and Lucy's room whilst preggers and she doesn't have any growths or anything :) I just made sure to take breaks and that it was well ventilated.

The Salty One said...

I know where you can get a great discount on Sherwin-Williams's Harmony paint :) It's zero VOC and you can get the job done in one coat usually! Just listen to your body and use common sense and I am sure you will be fine!