Monday, March 30, 2009

Hibernation

I slept a lot this weekend. I actually felt much better on Sat & Sun than I did last week. I wonder if it's psychosomatic, being at work makes me feel worse. Computers and florescent lights make me sick. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel great, but I do feel better than last week. I haven't had any crampy feelings since Friday evening. But my boobs and back are still killing me, my stomach is still a rotten mess of diarrhea and heartburn and I am soooo tired. I slept a lot this weekend. Naps both days and I went to bed at 9:30 last night and got up at 7:20 am today, one trip outside with Fonzie around 4am. I did however go to prenatal yoga and walk 2 miles on Sat and walk 2 miles on Sunday. I asked the doc if it was okay to still walk a few miles despite baby's low weight and he said yes, so I guess I will just shoot for 1-2 miles of walking each day and leave it at that until baby is here. I have a doc appt tomorrow at my OBGYN's office. Same doc I saw last week, different doc than I've seen all along. She doesn't like to do internal's b/c she figures the baby will come when it comes, so I don't know that I'll get any update on if things are moving along or not. She has a point, but oooh the wait is killer (and I still have 3.5 weeks to go!).

I am hoping/waiting for that nesting urge to kick in. I have the desire to clean out my closet, but not the energy. I really want to get that done before baby gets here, b/c it will be the last thing I will think about and its time to pack up all the winter clothes. I couldn't wear them anyway, I've been wearing the same 6 shirts forever. I need to do that and the front porch needs to be cleaned off. That's it for my task list. Gary is currently repainting the kitchen and fixing the windows in there, the rope mechanism doesn't work in 2 of them, we use wooden spoons to keep them open :) Not the safest thing! Downstairs bathroom never got painted :( and likely won't since we are out of time.....but hopefully he can do it when he is home for 6 weeks with me.

My friend Jenni from Cincinnati is likely having a baby today, so sending her positive vibes and lots of good luck. It was looking like the baby was breech and she had an appt this morning and they decided to go ahead and send her for induction/csection, she's due in about 2 weeks. So, she will likely be meeting her son today! I can't wait to see pics.

Oh and I sent Gary a list of names and told him to mark off ones he hates, and bold ones he likes, here is what we've got going now. The non bold ones are ones he can live with. I'm surprised he likes Harper and sad he hates Zoe.

Elanore
Lillian
Maisie
Harper
Violet
Norah
Iris
Lyla
Lilla
Mallory
Ruby
Elise


He vetoed:
Chloe
Zoe
Quinn
Rowan
Roxy
Stella
Bliss
Opal
Delilah
Lydia
Lenore
Claire

3 comments:

Clare said...

wow, your husband is taking 6 weeks too?? cool. walking 1-2 miles a day is great...especially given how uncomfy you are. i'm sur eit will help your mood and make labor easier!

jessica said...

Love the names! Elanore has always been a fave of mine, Harper, well I'm a sucker for literary names (Hank is named for both a character and author I adore), and we have the cutest little neighbor girl named Elise.

jsmarslender said...

I too love the names. Beautiful. Are you set on a middle name? Echoing Clare, the walking seems like a good idea. And I hear you about wearing the same six shirts over and over and over.