Sunday, November 30, 2008

Week 19

Yes week 19 again. I am not very good at keeping track of this baby's growth. I keep wanting to get ahead of myself. Before my week changed on a Thurs. I would take my pic on a Sunday and just jump to the next week, but I got myself ahead. When I had my u/s last Monday, they said I was 18 weeks a few days. So, I will change weeks on Friday now and take my pic on Friday as well. So, not half way through quite yet. Officially my body is no longer mine. The first 17 weeks I would say were really no big deal I didn't even realize I was pregnant most of the time. But over the last 2 weeks I've had some big transformations. It no longer feels okay to lay on my stomach, when I squat or bend down the pressure is uncomfortable. There's a baby in there ya'll!

My running isn't going so swift. I ran 6 miles twice this week, but the whole time my bladder aches. It feels just like I have a bladder infection, that I have to pee but then I go pee and barely pee feeling. I don't like it! But such is life. I am so slow now an 11 min mile is good for me and that's really hard to deal with. The effort to do my 6 mile trail run is a solid 8 when it should be a walk in the park. I haven't been consistent at all with my exercise and that's probably a large part of the problem. I am going to focus on running 4 times a week, and do my Slim in Six DVD (mostly lunges, squats, push ups, kind of a bootcamp) 2-3 times a week, just keep it simple. I really need to get on my bike trainer as well, but the puppy is putting a kink in that as I know I cannot use it in the living room with him loose as he will just run right into the pedal, but I guess I just need to confine him and do it anyway. I don't want to lose my entire biking ability over the last 4 months.

3 comments:

N.D. said...

I know what the bladder feels like, it is not that fun. Somedays mine can be great but most of the time not. I think its great just to run so keep it up!!!

Clare said...

the bladder thing stinks but somehow you just get used to ignoring it. or else you just go behind a tree and hope no one sees!!

Michelle Simmons said...

Bike as much as you can now b/c as your belly grows, sitting on a bike seat will become impossible. Don't fret too much though. I'm 5 weeks out and rode 35 miles twice this week and feel fine. :)