Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Workouts 2 days in a row!

I finally having something to blog about on my workout blog! Imagine. I worked out! 2 days in a row! So, last night I got home from work and cleaned the house and took the dogs for a walk while Gary worked on grinding up more sticks from the storm. Then we headed out for a 3 mile run! And I actually ran it in under 30 mins. Now to most of you that's nothing. But I have been running a steady 10:30-11 min mile since this pregnancy started. I've also mostly been going out on 6 & 8 milers with my friend who is training for a marathon, so we ran slow and steady. I knew I was only going out for 3 so I tried to kick it up a notch. It was gorgeous out and perfect running weather. We ran from our house up to Shaker Lakes and back. The second half is a steady incline that really got me out of breath. It's amazing how quickly I end up panting now when running. I read it's actually b/c I am taking in more air and my lungs are working more efficiently and harder. Who knew! I was able to do some strides around a 9 min mile. This gives me hope that maybe I can do my 5K Sat in 27 mins. That would make me really happy. I finished the evening off with one of my favorite activities - watching The Biggest Loser! I freaking love that show.

Then I got up this morning at 6 and met my friend Ilana for a 3.5 mile run. This one didn't feel quite as great. I was having some stomach issues though so I will blame it on those. I had to take a few walks breaks near the end b/c I was feeling light headed, I think I will have to eat now before morning runs. When I got home I took Taiko to the vet, he's having kidney problems, which I haven't blogged about, but it's a huge grey cloud in my life, kidney problems usually only get worse and once a dog has kidney problems you pretty much know what will be the end of them. Hopefully we can eek out a few more years with some herbal supplements that were recommended to me. But onto happier subjects. After the vet appt. I drove out to the towpath and met 3 of my other Speed Bump team members and the Ohio news Network did a spot on us. It's supposed to be on tomorrow night for the evening news. Fun! I will get a link to it when I can.

3 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

What channel will the news broadcast be on? I'll tell my mom to watch! :)

Clare said...

yay for fast runs! i will completely appreciate my speed once i'm capable of that again...and not let myself think that 8 min miles are slow!! i love the biggest loser too...LOVE IT! good luck with your dog.

Michelle Simmons said...

Just a comment about the BOB jogger... to get the infant seat in it you have to buy the adapter ($49) and then get a specific infant car seat that is compatible. The specific seats are listed on the BOB infant seat adapter box. I ended up with the Graco Snugride which is a pretty common/popular car seat. You can then get multiple 'bases' for that infant seat and put a 'base' in each car rather than having to have a whole seat in each car (at least until your baby is 22 lbs). Hope that helps! It was all overwhelmingly confusing to me until I really started looking into it... ;)