Friday, December 5, 2008

20 weeks

Officially, no really I did the math right this time. This is it folks, 20 weeks down. Where has the time gone. I cannot believe I am half way through this pregnancy, maybe more than half way I guess! I will take a new belly shot tonight, so you can see my buddha belly in all my glory. I think I am going to get that line the runs down your belly vertically, not sure what it’s called, but I seem to have a faint line starting near my ribs down to the pubes. Odd. It’s not dark yet, I hope it doesn’t get dark, I am a very pale person. Oh well. Refelecting back on the last 20 weeks I must say pregnancy has not been so bad. It’s different for sure and can be very trying. I think for people who were really active it can be a bit of a rude awaking at times. My get up and go must have got up and went…what song is that from? I am now officially starting to freak out! Not in a bad way, there is just soooo much to do and soooo little time. The countdown begins. I like making lists, so here are my immediate concerns and the order I (well mostly Gary!) plan to do them in:

  1. Fix drywall in basement, paint basement yellow, install flooring
  2. Move area rug and futon down to basement
  3. Buy tv, tv stand and lighting for basement
  4. Arrange weight bench area and bike/trainers in basement
  5. Get new CycleOps Fluid 2 trainer as a congratulatory you now have a finished basement gift! Basement done by Jan 1
  6. Pull all furniture junk out of office and move to basement temporarily
  7. Paint office auqa and baseboards white
  8. Bring queen size bed and bamboo rug from upstairs down to office along with desk from our room and Gary’s nightstand, arrange in room, computer set up will now be in this room, along with cat food stuff. Office done by Feb 1.
  9. Remove door from our bedroom and get crib into our room where desk used to be
  10. Paint downstairs bathroom and closet in some complimentary color to the office
  11. go through towels, wash cloth heap and get rid of nasty ones, clear off shelves in this bathroom for baby bath stuff, start buying baby bath stuff! Bathroom done by March 1.
  12. Now it’s nursery time, move all remaining furniture from this room to the basement temporarily
  13. Paint nursery purple with white baseboards, use rug from office
  14. Set up crib (get from G's dad's house), try and arrange twin bed in this room as well if it leaves enough room (figure I will be sleeping in there sometimes)
  15. Buy glider and dresser from Craigslist, maybe changing table?
  16. Order decals for the walls – trees and birds off of etsy, just need to pick
  17. Await buying anything else until after shower
  18. Showers in Feb and March, Nursery done by April 1
  19. Last if there is time, paint linen closet upstairs and arrange, clean up big closet in bedroom and Gary’s closet in nursery to make room for baby storage/items

    Sheesh. Now I am even more freaked out!

4 comments:

Baby and Me said...

Take one thing at a time!

Michelle Simmons said...

At least you have a list! :)

I have that brown line... it grew longer and longer as my pregnancy progressed, and 5 1/2 weeks later it's still there! Ugh. I think it's getting lighter, but still totally visable. I'll be glad when that's gone.

N.D. said...

Whoa, that's a big list mama!!
Congrats on being half way through!
I got that line around the same time as you are, it is pretty faint but I can see it. Linea nigra I think? Something like that. It is from hormones I think I read.

Chelsea said...

You'll get what you need done done :) Don't worry!