Friday, April 10, 2009

Oooh boy

Does my back hurt! Sheesh. Yesterday at work I was feeling funky so I decided to call in sick today. It was a great day. I laid in bed and watched reruns of Arrested Development and the Office allllll curled up with Mushi. He was in a super snuggly mood this morning so there was lot of good dog spooning :) Once I was bored of laying in bed, I took the dogs for a mile walk. The walk didn't feel great, I was waddly and uncomfortable, but forged forward and made it the whole block. After that I did the last thing on my task list and that was reorganizing the downstairs bathroom closet. That bathroom will be the baby bathroom, so I needed to put the baby towels and wash clothes and baby wash, etc in that closet and throw out a bunch of junk. Once done with that I did a quick run thru house cleaning, got cleaned up and headed to the mall. I was planning to walk both floors of the mall to get a little exercises in, but after one level my back started hurting really really bad. Bad enough that I had to sit down and relax for a bit. I had come to the mall for a bra and a pedicure, so I quickly got the bra and then got my pedi. When I got home I basically collapsed into bed and have been fighting the pain ever since. Gary and I did go out and have some pizza, but it wasn't very comfortable for me. The pain comes and goes, but a dull ache stays put. Either she is sitting on some sort of nerve and pinching it or I am having back contractions. It hurts like a son of a bitch and the only time I can make it not hurt is if I stand up and bend over my bed and kind of stick my butt up in the air and rock back and forth. Good times. This pre labor stuff is no fun!

5 comments:

Angela said...

I'm pretty sure this sounds like very early labor...looks like you're gonna be one that has days of this stuff before the active labor starts. Try to relax and stay hydrated and rested.

I'll be thinking of you!

Clare said...

i used to hang out on my knees with my butt in the air and my arms resting on the couch. i hid the cameras form my husband for weeks.

Angela and David said...

Everything you are saying sure sounds like labor. Hope everything is going well!

Audrey said...

I feel like I'm going to return from my Easter trip to news that you've had your baby. :D

Josh Middleton said...

Sounds like a nice day. Speaking of The Office, did you see Parks & Development? Hilarous!