Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oh what a baby filled weekend I had! I started out on Friday staying with my friend in Cincinnati Mindy who is moving back to NE this week. She gave me a cute baby gift, one of my first, a little monkey t-shirt with Baby Nowac puff painted on that back, too cute. Sat morning I went to a baby shower in Cincinnati for two old college roommates. One is 31 weeks along, the other 35. They looked great and got a lot of cute stuff. I wrote down one thing I must have it's the Boon Frog Tub somethingorother. It's basically a huge frog full of bath toys. Too cute.

Then I headed to KY to stay with my mom and we went to babiesrus so I could get another gift for a baby shower I have this coming weekend (peanut!). I had a nice night with my family and then I headed to Bloomington IN to visit my friend who had a baby in June. A boy, Nils Henry. He is 10 weeks old and just gorgeous. He had the nicest head of red hair and was all smiles. He was just so stinking cute and giggly. It was fun to see my dear friend being a mom and I am glad she has done it first so she can give me tips. And being around the little one just got me really excited for what's going on in my belly. Well uterus really I guess. My book says that this week, week 8, my uterus is the size of a grapefruit, how exciting.

In other pregnancy related news, my hips and lower back are frigging killing me. I cannot seem to escape the spine pain. I feel like I can't sit up straight enough, like everything is collapsing down my back. Jane said that her midwife told her (when her hips were hurting) that its b/c your pelvis is already starting to expand. Also my week by week book said that some women have intense sciatic nerve pain, I assume that is what I have going on. It stinks! But I should count my lucky stars, one girl at the shower was 12 weeks along and had thrown up so much she even had to be hospitalized to get fluids. Poor thing.

4 comments:

Michelle Simmons said...

I have that frog toy thing for the bath and it really is super cute. It's already been put up in the tub and is a cute reminder that one of these days I'll be giving baths in there! ;)

Baby and Me said...

Yep, you are at the point that I went and had to get a massage. But I can tell you my back pain did go away. That shirt you got sounds so cute!

N.D. said...

oooh. I can't imagine the back pain. Geesh. All the baby stuff sounds fun!!

Chelsea said...

I got the Baby Boon Frog this weekend too. LOVE IT!